This is another cranberry treat that you can make for this Christmas. Great for new bakers who want to try something simple to bake.
Lightly brush non-stick madeleine pan with melted butter
Use ice cream scoop to spoon cold batter into madeleine moulds
Cool the madeleines slightly before removing from the pan and place them on a wire rack to cool down before storing in airtight containers
- 3 eggs
- 80 g sugar
- 120 g self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 25 g dried cranberries
- 62.5 g melted butter
- Add in eggs and sugar into a mixing bowl
- Mix at medium speed until it turns pale yellow
- Sift in flour and salt and mix at low speed
- Roughly chopped dried cranberries and add to the flour mixture.
- Add the melted butter and mix everything together until well combined
- Refrigerate the batter for at least an hour to get that traditional madeleine hump
- Lightly brush non-stick madeleine pan with melted butter
- Use ice cream scoop to spoon cold batter into madeleine moulds
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 8 mins until golden brown
- Cool the madeleines slightly before removing from the pan
- Place the madeleines on a wire rack to cool down before storing in airtight containers.
- Batter can be made 2 days in advance and kept in the fridge.
- Best eaten fresh from the oven.