Dorayaki is a Japanese dessert consisting of two small pancakes filled with sweet azuki red bean paste. You can also replace it with other types of fillings for a variety of flavours.
I’ve decided to use St. Dalfour Mango and Passion Fruit Spread for it’s luscious tropical aromas complete with a rich texture and tangy finish. A Traditional French recipe made of 100% fruits with no added sugar, preservatives and artificial flavours or colours. The rich fruity flavours of mango and passion fruits pairs very well with the dorayaki pancakes.
Dorayaki with Mango and Passion Fruit Spread
- St. Dalfour Mango and Passion Fruit Spread
- 2 eggs
- 22 g honey
- 46 g milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 96 g cake flour
- 10 g icing sugar
- 4 g baking powder
- Whisk wet ingredients in a mixing bowl or measuring cup.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl/cup. Add in wet ingredients and mix to form a batter. Sift batter to remove any lumps.
- Cover batter and allow to rest for at least 15 mins.
- Apply a little cooking oil to a non-stick frying pan and use a paper towel to wipe off oil. Heat up the pan using moderate to low flame.
- Spoon in one tablespoon of batter and leave to cook till bubbles form. Flip over while the batter is still wet and fry the other side. Remove from the pan.
- Fry till all batter is used up.
- Sandwich pancakes with St. Dalfour Mango and Passion Fruit Spread.
- Eat immediately or keep refrigerated.
- Adjust batter consistency by adding flour or milk.
- To keep Dorayaki pancakes moist, wrap in cling wrap and keep refrigerated in an airtight container.