This cookie recipe is another one of many favourite treats for the Chinese New Year festivities. An easy to make almond cookie that is great for anyone starting out on baking.
Makes about 100 cookies
- 375 g self raising flour sifted
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 145 g icing sugar sifted
- 200 g ground almond
- 200 g chopped almond toasted
- 180 g cooking oil
- 70 g ghee *
- ¾ tsp almond extract optional
- Whole almonds optional
- Mix flour, salt, baking sodda, icing sugar and ground and chopped almond in a bowl.
- Add cooking oil and ghee to the dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly until everything is fully combined.
- Pinch off small portions of the dough.
- Roll each portion into a ball and arrange on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place a whole almond on top of each ball and press gently.
- Bake at 170°C until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from tray and cool them on a cooling rack
* Instead of ghee, you could use cooking oil.